Second level problem solved!!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Mkhenderson17

Second level problem solved!!

Post by Mkhenderson17 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:33 pm

I have been toying around with different ways to make a second level for a while. The other day I was fixing my shower curtain rod (it needs adjuateded every once in a while) and I had an idea! I went to Walmart and but two of the small 7/16 inch tension rods and put them in, snug but not too snug to put a lot of stress on the tank. Then I placed my shelves from the dollar store on them. They r the ones you put t on the counter with the legs. The legs keep them from falling off the tension rods. Now I'm just going to go back and wrap them and put fake plants on them so u don't notice thr legs. The shelves r wrapped in the burlap ribbon stuff. Thr crabs LOVE It and it's sturdy and doesn't slide like the suction cups. Now, I'm sure on occasion they will need readjusted but it works like a charm! I can't post pictures from my phone but I will when I get home.

Giner13

Re: Second level problem solved!!

Post by Giner13 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Mkhenderson17 wrote:I have been toying around with different ways to make a second level for a while. The other day I was fixing my shower curtain rod (it needs adjuateded every once in a while) and I had an idea! I went to Walmart and but two of the small 7/16 inch tension rods and put them in, snug but not too snug to put a lot of stress on the tank. Then I placed my shelves from the dollar store on them. They r the ones you put t on the counter with the legs. The legs keep them from falling off the tension rods. Now I'm just going to go back and wrap them and put fake plants on them so u don't notice thr legs. The shelves r wrapped in the burlap ribbon stuff. Thr crabs LOVE It and it's sturdy and doesn't slide like the suction cups. Now, I'm sure on occasion they will need readjusted but it works like a charm! I can't post pictures from my phone but I will when I get home.
Can't wait for pics!! I may draw on your ideas!!Image

AleyedtoBuggie

Post by AleyedtoBuggie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:51 am

Yes! Pics please?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Yes, pics please! It sounds like a very creative solution (crabbers are such creative folk-I love it!). I can't get my second levels to stay up so Id'd be interested in seeing the finished product. :)
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

Topic author
Mkhenderson17

Post by Mkhenderson17 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:53 pm

I got busy last night and didn't have time. It would t let me post pics from my phone unfortunately. I'll definitely do it tonight :)

Topic author
Mkhenderson17

Post by Mkhenderson17 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:59 pm

The white clip used to hold a net, now its just there because I did not take it down lol.

Topic author
Mkhenderson17

Post by Mkhenderson17 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:35 am

It looks busy up front but they have a lot of room to wander underneath the level. They seem really happy, they haven't been this active for a while. They are always climbing up to the second level. They really like thr natural dried grape vine stick that's in there.

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:45 am

It looks awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 am

What a terrific idea! Genius! Something I'll definitely bear in mind for the next re-do round. Thanks for sharing your brainstorm :D .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Looks great! Very creative. Thanks for posting the idea and pics.
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

crabby_D

Post by crabby_D » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. Is that a 20 gal. long?

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:08 am

Ohh, that looks amazing. I've seen a few crabber over the years do a similar setup, it will amazing to hear your options on this! :)
Fantastic tank.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies