two new E's

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
CallaLily

two new E's

Post by CallaLily » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:46 pm

My mom wanted to get a few more hermit crabs so I went to the pet store with her this afternoon. They had E's and since I've been wanting to add to the three I already have I picked up two. Was all I could afford today...I'm hoping to go get 1 or 2 more in the near future. My mom pretty much cleaned them out of the rest of their E's. She bought 7 E's and 1 PP.

But back to my new guys.

One is the largest E I've seen in person. S/he is a beautiful orange-ish color. His/her shell is WAY too small and s/he is not shy at all but refuses to come out far enough for me to get a gender. A few chipped leg tips and missing one antenna. I haven't put him/her on the size chart yet but my guess is s/he is a big medium or small large. S/he literally ran straight for the salt water pool and hung out in it for quite a while.

The other is a tiny little guy. He's a bit shy but was nice enough to come out far enough that I'm pretty sure he is a boy. No chips or missing parts that I noticed. Again, haven't sized him but my guess is he's a teeny coming up on small.

Now I need to come up with some names. :D

somethingfishy

Post by somethingfishy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:55 am

I'm so jealous! I've been dying to get some more E's.
Crabber since '03
Owner of eight PP's...Joe my large, Rex, my medium, and New Girl, my small ) and 5 new rescues....names anyone?
And two E's...Sam and Ti.
Four successful molts and counting!
Other animals...Rhia, the golden retriever, Lefty the cat, Floppy the Rabbit and 13 fish!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:51 pm

I got two new E's too.! I'm positive one is an E, anyways. Her name is Fresca. The other one, I'm not quite sure, but his name is Quincy and he looks EXACTLY like the big red one in your picture. His old shell looked the same, too! I bought him last night because I felt soo bad for him; he was scratching at the side of the tank and his shell was so small, and had holes in it, he thought hiding meant covering his eyes with his pinchers. :? :roll: After I bathed him and put him in with his other crabbies (there are 9 others above ground and two buried), it only took him 10 minutes to explore and change shells. He's also a slight bully. He climbed on top of Pumbaa, who is only the size of a nickel or quarter (Quincy is medium sized) and started shaking her, so I separated them. :|

Topic author
CallaLily

Re: two new E's

Post by CallaLily » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:30 pm

CallaLily wrote:Now I need to come up with some names. :D
OK so I came up with some names. :D
CallaLily wrote:Image
Morgan
CallaLily wrote:Image
Jenks

What do you think?

I briefly thought of sticking with the Inheritance theme that I have going with my other E's (Solembum, Maud, and Elva). But in the end decided to take names from characters in another series I love. This also makes it easy to name the next E's I get. :)

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Your new E's are gorgeous! And I like the names too. :)