my crabitat build photo journal!!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

littleraindrop87

Post by littleraindrop87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 am

oh the box i was mentioning was the shipping box because i'm afraid the items may not be able to fit into the shipping box. :) and if the items can fit into the small box, that would be great!! if not, the larger box will be fine :)
Rugs: Ribbs, Raiko, Racer, Ramica,
Indos: Rum, Reizin, Reffalump
Violas: Ritsuke, Risako, Rekka
Straws: Rumbo, Rhivas, Rice, BFG

Call me Fallow

Topic author
curious_kitty

Post by curious_kitty » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:51 am

littleraindrop87 wrote:i'm just wondering is that the top and bottom of the shelves??
opps didn't see this post. they are designed so that it can be either up side down or bottom side up. Kind of like a reversible shelves.. larger corner and small corner can be on either right or left side corners~
Godmother to two tuxedo cats, PPs and Es, violas, indos, strawberries and ruggies, Wifey to one VERY patient hubby
200g crabitank under construction started on 4/10/2010

Topic author
curious_kitty

Post by curious_kitty » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 am

2. Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box- USPS Supplied Medium Box: 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" or 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Maximum weight 20 pounds: Post Office Price($43.45), paid online($41.2Cool

I will try to pick up these boxes. I think I can take the shelves off into each pieces, and they will more certainly be fitted into medium boxes. I will make sure your $40 shipping is worth the cost~
Godmother to two tuxedo cats, PPs and Es, violas, indos, strawberries and ruggies, Wifey to one VERY patient hubby

littleraindrop87

Post by littleraindrop87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 am

opps didn't see this post. they are designed so that it can be either up side down or bottom side up. Kind of like a reversible shelves.. larger corner and small corner can be on either right or left side corners~
its alright :) That sounds awesome and very versatile. It'd be great for the tank especially since its only a 30G![/quote]

---edit---
2. Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box- USPS Supplied Medium Box: 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" or 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Maximum weight 20 pounds: Post Office Price($43.45), paid online($41.2Cool

I will try to pick up these boxes. I think I can take the shelves off into each pieces, and they will more certainly be fitted into medium boxes. I will make sure your $40 shipping is worth the cost~
Thank you thank you thank you!!! :D Please let me know if you would like me to pay extra for the extra effort and items you're doing for me! :) i gtg for now. its late but i'll be back in a few hours :)
Rugs: Ribbs, Raiko, Racer, Ramica,
Indos: Rum, Reizin, Reffalump
Violas: Ritsuke, Risako, Rekka
Straws: Rumbo, Rhivas, Rice, BFG

Call me Fallow

limeslide

Post by limeslide » Sun May 02, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm waiting~
If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to
the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago.
If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into Chaos
"
-E.O. Wilson

wendyj

Post by wendyj » Thu May 06, 2010 8:39 am

I can't wait to see the tank! I have always wanted a built in but I live in an apt. Keep us updated on the stages.

hlhiggs87

Post by hlhiggs87 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:06 pm

How's the tank coming??
3 Cats- Teddy, Pippa, and baby Maggie
4 Parakeets - Baby, Kate, Jayden, and Jordan
11 PPs- Carly, Mr.Pinch, Henrietta, Lucky, April, Arwen, Hermione, Brian, Nemo, Dasher, and Noel

Topic author
curious_kitty

Post by curious_kitty » Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi everyone! sorry for a loong pause. a lot of things happened for the past few weeks, and i've been just running around with my head cut off! Updates on bunch of plants- I've so far, spent, little over $200 on varieties of Pilea, baby tears, ferns, spikemoss. Thankfully this was over the course of 2 and half month, so I didn't feel as much pain- mostly because I've lost about half of the plants in the process of sterilizing them. I was too eager to dip them in bleach solution, and I dont think five out of 8 ferns will not make it. I've lost four different spike moss (they turned white). baby tears/pileas aren't effected as I am using cuttings off the plants. I am growing batch of dandelions separately from the seeds(they are about little over an inch tall now). I am now using cuttings in the tat for starting the plants, versus using the potted plant(really difficult to sterilize them without damaging the roots). One saving grace is Broms, and they are doing extremely well. I still haven't got to putting in a drainage on the bottom(its my husband's job, and he's been pretty busy), and basically entire project is at a pause till he gets that done.... in the next few weeks, is my guess. lol
Once drainage bottom is finished, I can put the entire thing together- sliding doors, glass substrate stopper in the front, and cabinet door. They are all ready to go. Then my automatic misting system can do the misting for me- hand misting twice a day is really really painful..... but i've been diligently keeping it up so far. I can totally see that all of the cuttings in the tat will immediately take off once humidity is kept by sliding doors, and automatic mister.
here is the picture so far- plants haven't grown yet to cover it, but I am sure with given time, it will get there.
PS. I also want to note to some of you, that I've been really busy, and haven't had time to send out the stuff I promised, or decided not to trade. Give me few weeks, and I will compile things as I've got lots of stuff that will retire shortly as the large tat project commences. I will post it on the classified ad! All I can tell you is that I've almost had a mental break-down(due to some personal issues related to work but its all OK now), and i was NOT myself..... those of you, who knows what I am talking about.. PM me!!

Green things in a white bowl is dandelions

Because I somehow managed to kill more than half of plants I bought(through using bleach solution), I've bought batch of killed plants which should arrive next week.. They will go into any empty pots that you see in the current tat. It DOES look pretty bare.. but I have faith that they will be filled out nicely with time/ and lots of humidity!

hlhiggs87

Post by hlhiggs87 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 pm

I think it looks AMAZING!!! Seriously, it's really coming together.

Also, I hope everythings okay :)
3 Cats- Teddy, Pippa, and baby Maggie
4 Parakeets - Baby, Kate, Jayden, and Jordan
11 PPs- Carly, Mr.Pinch, Henrietta, Lucky, April, Arwen, Hermione, Brian, Nemo, Dasher, and Noel

Post by Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 9:00 am

Wow, just want to say congrats to you for putting this all together yourself, it looks fantastic. You have some lucky hermies :)

Post by Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 am

And I do hope everything is better now, too

theophaneia

Post by theophaneia » Fri May 14, 2010 9:04 pm

It looks anything BUT bare!!!! It looks absolutely AMAZING! What a great tat! Me and my crabs are jealous of you and your crabs! lol :)
---**---8 PP's---**---2 E's---**
PP's-Hermies(5molts):Pirate(5molts):Manny(1molt):JimiHendrix(1molt):Violet(2molt):Rocky(2molt):Thor:Mr.Smee
E's-Curacao(5molts):Lemon(6molts):

35 MOLTS altogether
RIP Purple People Eater:Agent GH:Ellie:Sky:Dags

Topic author
curious_kitty

Post by curious_kitty » Fri May 14, 2010 9:15 pm

hehe thank you everyone! i only wished I hadn't killed those plants- didn't know bleach was that powerful.. people in frog forum apparently uses detergent(softens exo skeleton on bugs), and then nuke them with rubbing alcohol(makes them burst), and rinses them in water.... my bad.
lol

so here are some of close ups in my plants. most are different varieties of baby tears plant, ferns, spikemoss(i think 5 different varieties), Broms, and prostrate pileas(ones i was able to look up for any known toxicity), dandelions.. i started dandelions, and hopefully they grow QUICK.

dandelions
cuttings of baby tears, and pileas
broms:)

Shivering Isles

Post by Shivering Isles » Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: WHOA!! it looks amazing! If i were to let my crabs see your tank they would hate me!!! Hahhah!
"Some things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all."
-Plio from Dinosaur

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Sat May 15, 2010 2:20 am

Wow, this will be a great tank for keeping hermits in ( and geosesarma too ) :D
Semi-active
Keeping C.Brevimanus "C.Purpureus" C.Rugosus C.Scaevola C.Perlatus C.Pseudorugosus C.???