Store Review- DeltonaSeaShells.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author

Store Review- DeltonaSeaShells.com

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Just got my order of shells and other goodies from http://www.deltonseashells.com. I'm so excited!! I'll post some pics later but wanted to give my initial impressions.

You can tell you are dealing with a small store not a huge petsmart or somewhere, which I sort of like, helping the small guys. The shells came packaged very nicely. I also got a few sand dollars, air plants, and a crown of thorns sea star for my son. Most everything was ok but the two largest shells came damaged :( . I don't think it was from shipping as there were not shell fragments in the bags but they were clearly damaged. I will be contacting them later on. But everything came as described. The shells as beautiful! Very pleased. The site does not sell by opening sizes but shell lengths so I just gave it my best guess. My crabs always pick the "wrong" size shell anyway. They just insist on turbos and usually two sizes to large or just barely fitting.

If you need large, especially turbos, check it out. I thought the prices were fair and shipping reasonable, although it was a bit slow getting here considering I'm in the next state.

So ok I can't really take into account the damaged shells just yet because I have not spoken with them about it but overall I'll give them a B+. I was pleased with what I got but shipping is a bit slow and a tracking number would have been nice but a good experience so far.

Xyloart

Post by Xyloart » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 pm

I've also ordered from Deltona. The shells were great and as described. I also felt I got good prices. Luckily I didn't have any damaged in my order.
Current critters: Cat, Corn Snake, Plated Lizard, two Bettas, 12 PPs, 10 Es, 6 Ruggies, 2 blueberries, 3 strawberries, 2 foster guinea pigs

Topic author

DeltonaSeaShells.com Review- with PICS!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 pm

So here are the pics of my goodies! :P

These are HUGE! And they are also the broken ones. The green one has a large chip at the top of the opening and the brown one has a hole at the center of its spiral, not sure if you can see that good.

The middle one has already been taken! And the first was worn by my picky shell shopping crab for about 2 minutes.

I so wish my largest crab were up so he could check out the largest shell in this group.

Then there are these which are much prettier in person.

And these are cool.

And one more. Two of my crabs snackin and shell shoppin!

Enjoy!

JeriC

Post by JeriC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 pm

I also use Deltona when ordering shells & they have great customer service. One of my shells, a $6 shell, had a hole in it when it arrived & I contacted them & explained that the shells were for hermit crabs & they apologized & promptly sent a new one. :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 pm

good to know. i'll be calling in the morning.