Do Purple Pinchers chirp?

Where we discuss the behavior of our hermit crabs, as in fights, pecking orders, shell swaps, etc. Please post all naked-crab posts in the Emergency forum.

mom23es

Re: Do Purple Pinchers chirp?

Post by mom23es » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I heard mine chirp when we first got them and then nothing for weeks. A few days ago I was trying to get one off of a vine and he was not happy. He made it clear with a super loud chirp. The stupid suction cup had come loose for the billionth time. I have 3m hooks holding them all up now so no more worries on pulling crabs off falling vines.
Kelly
1 DH, 2 DS, 1 DD, 1 Dog, Fish and ...
The MB (Myrtle Beach) Crew - 12 PP's
The CP (Cape May) Duo - 1 E - Patootie (Rest in Peace Cutie)
Home Business: http://www.acrystalgarden.com

jmelissa

Post by jmelissa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:56 pm

I have only one pp that has chirped. And it was only one time, she hates the very sight of me and my existence lol. Ashame shes the cutest thing ever and I cant help but sneak up on her to try to talk to her. :oops:
8 PP's ~ Grumpy, Sheldon, Buttons, Ivory, Snickers, Bubbles, Pop Pop, and Dottie

Cassafrass1999

Post by Cassafrass1999 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Yes,they do! I heard my pp leapord chirp once before. :crabbigsmile:
I am a proud owner of five hermies named Leopard (PP), Ribbon (PP), Kremer (PP), Queenie (PP), and Sunny (E). I have been crabbing since 6/16/11, and have been loving and learning so much about them ever since! My family and I also own a husky, a cat, and a bunch of freshwater fish.

spotsy99

Post by spotsy99 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 pm

I've never heard mine chirp before. I wish I could hear it at least once...non emergency of course. Maybe if I sneak up on the tank at 3 am and go BOO! :shock: Would they remember that and hate me forever? :)
Denise
******************************************************************************************
1 Husband - Gary, 1 Horse - Cash, 1 Cat - Midnight,
7 PPs