Cholla Wood

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Bman006

Re: Cholla Wood

Post by Bman006 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Me too Kuza. One I have in mind is a crabbie high rise. Was going to use your Idea with the flange and pvc, holding up a piece of cholla wood, and a whole coconut with a hole drilled into it at the top. maybe with a little landing or something all the way around it. Make it like a crab penthouse. If a made like 3 or so, i would be like a little city of highrises....lol

kuza

Post by kuza » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 pm

make me proud :)

Topic author
Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:28 am

Wow..thanks guys!

sandra03

Post by sandra03 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

from what they said on hermitcrabaddiction's facebook page, you can ship it across the border if you have some kind of certificate with it. not sure what it is or how you could go about getting it though. this is just as of the end of 2012. i had ordered some from someone on ebay in december and it arrived with no issues, not sure i'd want to risk it now since customs might not let it through. it's too bad, it's not something you can really find in pet stores etc. and the pieces i got are way too small, i was hoping to order more/bigger pieces
DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID!

Cecil716

Post by Cecil716 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:36 am

Choya TENDS to make it through when you order it with other items like from naples shells. They tend not to open the package that way.
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:55 am

Oooh!! Next time I get some money coming in I'll see if I can order :D (with no job or anything that might be awhile :oops: but eventually! :D I want a nice upper level maze of cholla going. )
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

traceymorris

Post by traceymorris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 am

I am just starting my addiction to crabs!! I have 8 total in a 40 gallon tank. Right now I have some oak tree limbs in the tank for climbing but I would like some Choya wood however; what I find is expensive in the pet stores...anyone have suggestions??

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

traceymorris wrote:I am just starting my addiction to crabs!! I have 8 total in a 40 gallon tank. Right now I have some oak tree limbs in the tank for climbing but I would like some Choya wood however; what I find is expensive in the pet stores...anyone have suggestions??
Go to the first page for more info, this guy is selling it :3 that's what his thread is for. If you want to ask general questions (or specific ones) in the future you'd probably get more help if you made your own thread :D (no harm, no foul, just letting you know :) ) It just helps to keep things organized, we won't know if someone needs help if they ask a question in an existing thread unless we check, whereas in your own thread, you can ask your question in the title and it will appear in the "unread posts" section
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

Topic author
Brock

Post by Brock » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:05 am

Hi everyone......sorry orders have been a bit slowe...just had trigger finger surgery is it slowed up my sanding! All better now..... New enquiries welcomed!

wyldaeval

Post by wyldaeval » Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 am

Amazing cholla!!!! Thank you so much! The piece in the middle is spectacular!!! I can't wait to work it into my new tank :D Please don't stop supplying your wonderful cholla wood....it's much better than anything I've seen in stores or online. :)
Life is all about how you handle "plan B".
First introduced to hermit crabs while stationed on Guam back in the 70's.

Cecil716

Post by Cecil716 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Anyone from Canada that ordered and got choya? I got piece in from when I ordered with Naples Seashells. I am looking at placing a real order if it CAN go through and people have gotten wood in from him.
Current hermits: About 17 PPs and 3 straws (for now)
A 180-ish gallon tank with two 36 gallon extenstions!
What can I say? I love crabs!

fluffy

Post by fluffy » Sun May 12, 2013 12:27 am

Argh I'm super sorry Brock! The money I was going to pay you with was used for gas by my dad, he finally paid me back and so I'll be sending that money tomorrow no excuses :)

CrabbyMom33

Post by CrabbyMom33 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:51 pm

I got my cholla today and it is great! I asked for 2 pieces 18" to 24" long, about 1.5" diameter, with branches. Brian sent the 2 smaller pieces in the back as extra. He was great to deal with and has the ends and the places where other branches had been nicely sanded. The middle piece will be especially fun to work into my new design.

Here are the pieces I got:

Close up to show the sanding:
Owner of 4 PPs

boxcat

Post by boxcat » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 pm

As always, Brock has amazing quality and customer service. Cheers to my new tanks, interior decorating courtesy of Brock. :D

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR

kuza

Post by kuza » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Have you been able to ship to canada yet?