LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

parrothead

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by parrothead » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:34 pm

went to the site today for an update, got this:

HERMIT CRAB PRE-ORDERS.... DUE TO A LONG HOLIDAY IN MY SUPPLIERS COUNTRY, STOCK WILL BE DELAYED AND IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE THE END OF AUGUST. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY.

my thoughts... OH NO NOT AGAIN! :roll:

It's interesting, the orders were originally posted to arrive 8/1, seems its safe to assume this is the same 'long holiday' we all experienced last year. Having said that, why did she post the original arrival date as 8/1 knowing that her supplier would yet again be unavailable? :scratch: :dunno:

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:24 pm

That really irritated me. :/

Auxorii

Post by Auxorii » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:47 am

They're probably out of them, I just looked it up and they're only accepting pre-orders right now.

Happy Crabbing! :crabbigsmile:
- Auxorii
Member of 20+ Animal Groups and Associations. (Including PETA and HSUS)
Owner of 5 PP Hermit Crabs, 1 Crested Gecko, 3 Betta fish, 2 Comet Gold Fish, 1 Desert Iguana, 1 Rhino Iguana, 1 Bearded Dragon, 2 Leopard Geckos, 1 Green Iguana, 1 Water Dragon and 1 Shih-Tzu
Crabbing since 2004 40+ Successfull molts! and 1 Clutch of Crab eggs!

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 am

Auxorii wrote:They're probably out of them, I just looked it up and they're only accepting pre-orders right now.

Happy Crabbing! :crabbigsmile:
I placed my 'pre-order' three weeks ago ($100+) and it was for a shipment posted for 8/1. Without any notice it now says end of August. I didn't get an email, I am only aware of the change because I checked her site. If you read this thread you'll see this is exactly what happened last year.

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 am

I just want to say too that I looked at her site about a month ago - and at that time the ONLY thing that said pre-order was the straws. I had been giving thought to ordering some violas and so I had emailed to ask if they were pre-order also or not because the only thing that said it was the straws. It took about a week for her to get back to me and she said the same - they were pre-orders and they would be in 8/1 and that she would probably ship the 2nd week in August. Then when I went to the website all of the other crabs had been switched to pre-order as well.

So if someone ordered say a month ago-a month and a half ago and it didn't include straws, they might not have known it was a pre-order because she didn't specify that on her site. So I would be angry too had I not known and then I was being told hey there is a two-3 month wait.

I have still been thinking about the violas - but at least if I decide to do it now I know what I am in for and know not to expect them anytime soon. I followed this thread last year and know what everyone seemed to have went through.
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment
Also have two dogs, Jax and Bailey, and one cat, Nina

HermitCrabCrazy

Post by HermitCrabCrazy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Weird. I never had an issue with her when I ordered before. They came within like a day or two.

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm

parrothead wrote: I placed my 'pre-order' three weeks ago ($100+) and it was for a shipment posted for 8/1. Without any notice it now says end of August. I didn't get an email, I am only aware of the change because I checked her site. If you read this thread you'll see this is exactly what happened last year.
Sounds like déjà vu...
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

Amethyst

Post by Amethyst » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Careyenz wrote: Sounds like déjà vu...
I had the same thing happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get them for months, like last year. You'd think she would have learned, and ordered new shipments before August.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 pm

The one good thing at least is that everyone knows what to expect, and knows that in the end she'll come through. Last year I think was terrifying for people since they thought they got scammed by the constant delays and lack of communication. This year it's up to everyone who has or wants to order to decide if the wait is worth it, but that they'll get their hermits in the end if they hold out. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 am

wodesorel wrote:The one good thing at least is that everyone knows what to expect, and knows that in the end she'll come through. Last year I think was terrifying for people since they thought they got scammed by the constant delays and lack of communication. This year it's up to everyone who has or wants to order to decide if the wait is worth it, but that they'll get their hermits in the end if they hold out. :)
My thoughts exactly. She righted me with the discount this year and everyone arrived safely. Although frustrating, in the end, they'll get here :)

Mattygun

Post by Mattygun » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:07 am

Great info as I am considering placing an order. So, last year the delay was months, as in multiple months? Did she give any notice before shipping? My concern is that I would not be able to ensure that someone is here to receive the crabs when delivered. Thoughts?

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 am

Mattygun wrote:Great info as I am considering placing an order. So, last year the delay was months, as in multiple months? Did she give any notice before shipping? My concern is that I would not be able to ensure that someone is here to receive the crabs when delivered. Thoughts?
Yes, unfortunately it took more than two (almost three) months for my crabs to arrive, but I did get notification of their shipment. Both times I've ordered, I've been notified of the shipping date.

cjmiller

Post by cjmiller » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:33 pm

For those of you who have ordered violas before - when she says small is that pretty true to a small size - or if I order small am I going to get tiny tiny crabs?
Christina
8 PP's and 10 E's in a 170gal tank / 3 Straws, 4 Ruggies, 3 Violas in ISO right now after shipment
Also have two dogs, Jax and Bailey, and one cat, Nina

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm

cjmiller wrote:For those of you who have ordered violas before - when she says small is that pretty true to a small size - or if I order small am I going to get tiny tiny crabs?
Some of mine won't be into the small range until after they come up from a molt or 2.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:10 pm

They are very little, but grow fast!
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.