LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

mom23

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by mom23 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm

I have 5 ruggies from LHC and I love them. There's just something about the way they look at me. :) They also explore and one baby ruggie sleeps in a spot where I can see him. I don't think he thinks I can see him, but I can. He's so cute. Not saying that I don't love all of them, but I see the straws and ruggies the most. My indos and violas hide until late at night.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

skylerrr

Post by skylerrr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:36 am

Might consider getting some E's maybe. My other crab is mean though so not sure.
[b][code]hi[/code][/b]

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:06 pm

I just want to thank the gal (owner) at LHC for being so nice to me and working with my situation, your a doll :) and Thank you again! :) :)

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Did you get some new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 pm

well it's been a while since I've updated on my exo babies (after having multiple breakdowns) LOL

Everything is ok with the remaining crabs, my straw came up from her molt but I still have one small straw down for the last 2-3 months so that's starting to worry me a little. The violas, ruggs, and my remaining indo have been doing well, I believe both ruggs went down to molt within the last week, the lone indo stays in his cocohut during the day and hangs out the viola's. They are all doing pretty good with the other crabs (the pp's and e's) I have even rescued a couple more e's that fit in well also :) Hopefully the other straw will come up soon! My viola's molted great and my smallest went back down after a few weeks up, so that's a good sign. How is everyone elses LHC crabs doing?

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:29 pm

I've got 6 straws down right now. Makes me nervous. I have 2 straws up that have molted successfully. 2 ruggies up with successful molts. 2 ruggies down and 1 up that hasn't molted yet. One viola surfaced molted in the moss pit, but he's doing great after a stay in iso. The other 2 have not molted that I know of. I know 3 indos have not molted. The other 3 smalls are all in green turbos so it's difficult to tell who's who. They also hide all day and only come out at night which makes it all the more difficult to know for sure. I know at least one of those 3 has molted. I do have one ruggie that I just saw today at the bottom of the tank through a window he made. I bet he'll be up soon. He looks hairy. They all seem to get along so far. We are really enjoying them!

Tropical_Papi

Post by Tropical_Papi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Okay so this lady has nothing in stock right now and I'm sure she won't reply to any of my e-mails so why bother.

Does anyone have an idea of when she usually has more stock?

I want to order small Straws, Ruggies, Violas, and Indos but she only has the ruggies in small. The straws and indos are only available in large and the violas in medium.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:36 pm

That is what is left of her last order and I think she's waiting out all of this cold weather to place another order so my guess is spring!

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:23 pm

OK I need advice, one of the LHC straws has been buried since December 15th and it's going on March now and it's still has not come up :( The crab is only the size of a quarter and my other one that is the same size already has been up and went back down again after a few weeks. I assume I lost a straw, or it got killed, or died but I have not seen it since December 15th. Now I have other crabs buried but I need to find out where the straw is so I can get it's body out of the tank. If for some crazy reason it's alive and buried how much longer should I wait? Most of the rest of the LHC crabs I have have already molted and came up and went down for a second time, it makes sense to say the straw is dead right? I've never had a tiny crab stay down this long ever..Just looking for advice. :(

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 pm

I wouldn't go digging. If it has passed there is nothing you can do anyway and there is always the possibility it could come up. Plus you don't want to disturb any molters.

CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Now I have 1 lone Indo and 1 Lone Straw :( Won't a dead crab spoil the sub though? Seems gross

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:22 pm

From what I've read if they pass away underground they decompose and you'll run across the shell eventually during a clean. I'm sure someone else will chime in though. She'll be getting more this spring, you'll have to order them a friend. I ordered more than 2 of each species just in case.

kuza

Post by kuza » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 pm

The more organic your sub is, the faster it will break down. Just sand could take a while, and get stinky.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 pm

LHC is now taking pre-orders for Blues, Aussies, Cavipes, Straws, Indos, Violas, and Ruggies! They are due in late April or May!

kuza

Post by kuza » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 pm

I suspect a lot of people getting blues and Aussies :)