What's on today's menu & recipe sharing ~2014~

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Amazilia

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by Amazilia » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:54 am

Chicken, Sweet potato, brown rice, green apple, shepherd's purse and a chunk of Wode's Amaranth heart cookie (older recipe).
20 Purple Pinchers in a 200g,10 Ecuadorians in a 40g,1 Salmon Pink Tarantula: Susie
2 Inca dogs: Rufus(Red&white hairless) & Lilac(White half-hairless), 1 Cinnamon Ferret: Smooch
2 Button Quails: Ruth & Dove, 6 Lovebirds,3 Chickens: Jade, Yin & Lace

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 am

Tuna, mixed veggies, melon, raspberry, blueberry, honey drizzled oats, sesame seeds, and peanuts. Plus the various barks, leaves, flowers and calcium supplements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:54 am

They already had dried spring greens, mealworms, dehydrated mango, apple, nectarine, and banana, walnuts, and rolled oats.
Today I added fresh kale, blackberries, quinoa, and lightly dusted with repashy calcium plus.

Scarlz

Post by Scarlz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 pm

A feast tonight consisting of:
Raw chicken, corn on the cob, shrimp, krill, dandelion flowers, clover flowers, organic soup mix, veggie chips, popcorn, seaweed, and few various powders.

jamsproject

Post by jamsproject » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:19 am

Was about to feed them crabsticks :( , good thing asked around first!
(Thanks Callalily, scarlz &rocky)

Now they're eating Salmon :D

mom23

What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by mom23 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm

I served grilled pork steak this evening (unseasoned). Biffle, my large pp, has drug it off into the cave. I can see him chowing down on it. I really want to get it before it gets lost, plus the others aren't getting any. I asked my husband to get it. He said "I'm not sticking my hand into a dark hole to take your giant crabs food away. I'm liable to come out without a finger". Lol. Usually my exotics are all over meat, but they haven't touched it. Wonder if it's because it's grilled and not raw?

Spoke too soon. A bunch of exotics are crowded on the pork steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

Amazilia

Post by Amazilia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Spinach, potatoes, carrots, brown rice and river shrimp today
20 Purple Pinchers in a 200g,10 Ecuadorians in a 40g,1 Salmon Pink Tarantula: Susie
2 Inca dogs: Rufus(Red&white hairless) & Lilac(White half-hairless), 1 Cinnamon Ferret: Smooch

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Fri May 02, 2014 10:06 am

My guys got salmon, Cheerios, frozen peas, corn, carrots, and green beans and melon last night and they demolished (or took it with them) all the salmon and 6/8 Cheerios I put for each crab lol.

MuseCrazy

Post by MuseCrazy » Sun May 04, 2014 2:01 pm

A nice salad with cabbage, beets, banana, blue berries, pollen, moose, mealworms, sprinkled with crushed cuttlebone. Image

My crabs really love the moose Wolf gave as a gift with my order. I definitely need to order more.

Lizzia

Post by Lizzia » Sun May 04, 2014 2:35 pm

river shrimp, (new!) bell pepper, and calcium blend. i hope they like it!

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Wed May 07, 2014 11:32 am

I was just looking back over the archived posts from this thread, just to try and look back over foods I've been feeding over the years. Stumbled across posts from crabbers that I haven't seen in a while and I wonder how they're doing. Seeing Tigermoon89's posts makes me sad too. :(

Anywho, the reason I'm bringing it up. I also came across Kilimanjaro's Crabby Jello idea. I had forgotten all about it but I think it's a neat idea. Here's the thread where he describes how he made it, if anyone is interested. :D
http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... abby+jello

Avery

Post by Avery » Wed May 07, 2014 1:06 pm

CallaLily wrote:I was just looking back over the archived posts from this thread, just to try and look back over foods I've been feeding over the years. Stumbled across posts from crabbers that I haven't seen in a while and I wonder how they're doing. Seeing Tigermoon89's posts makes me sad too. :(

Anywho, the reason I'm bringing it up. I also came across Kilimanjaro's Crabby Jello idea. I had forgotten all about it but I think it's a neat idea. Here's the thread where he describes how he made it, if anyone is interested. :D
http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... abby+jello

Calla- I learned how to make this when I acquired some apple snails- I call the "Snello Shots" :)

Knoxx gelatin + Baby food + protein (blood worms, plankton) + egg shell (finely crumbled) + spirulina :D
Heat the baby food in a bowl for 60 seconds. Mix in your gelatin: GO SLOW it will clump otherwise. Then add what ever you want.
I usually blanch any veggies I intend to add, it makes them more pliable, and I know several people who blend it all up in a blender first then add to baby food- I do not own a blender... so I blanch and shred. ( I add liquid calcium as well, because I feed these things to the snails as well...) Pour mix into a little container, chill for two hours, and TaDa! Snacks. You can actually layer these as well... if ya wanna get fancy :)

Super easy peasy and makes great snacks- my crabs LOVE them. The flavor of the week is Sweet Potato, last week was Squash...

They nibble on it through out the day.

And I agree... there are many members I wish posted more often. I see MANY if not MOST of the admins who use to post all the time, and I always got really excited to read their posts! I'm wondering if its normal for them to up and disappear after they have made a title... red/pink. or otherwise.
Last edited by Avery on Thu May 08, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

Amazilia

Post by Amazilia » Wed May 07, 2014 6:32 pm

That recipe sounds so good and simple!! Will have to try it out soon :)

Today my guys are having: Squid, White Mushrooms, a slice of Orange and Popcorn. With a drizzle of 100% Beet Juice.

Sunndannce

Post by Sunndannce » Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 am

After reading these .... I feel highly inadequate. Mine got a grape, a blueberry and some tuna. Though mine are either molting or hiding for the most part at the moment - Somebody drug the blueberry off last night leaving a trail of purple across the sand.
I share this world with a few crabs, a kid, a furry four legged barking kid, a wonderful man, and a lot of nonsense. Life is full of fun, and I'm full of life.

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 am

Avery wrote: Calla- I learned how to make this when I acquired some apple snails- I call the "Snello Shots" :)
Thanks for sharing your Snello recipe! Kili's appear to be just jello made with all natural teas or juices. I'll have to try your "meatier" version too!