LHC Straw Arrival- 2014- Finally!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Avery

Re: LHC Straw Arrival- 2014- Finally!

Post by Avery » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:54 pm

@go_skiboard - I ordered them in February. Yes, it has been a loooong wait. By far the longest I have ever had with her.
I honestly don't know her "average wait time' beyond the first two weeks anymore.
She is going in "the order they were received" though and what's available. I think your coming in at the end of a rather long line. She ships out twice a week so it should go relatively quick. Give it another month. :)

This is Lucy :)
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

imallsmiles1431

Post by imallsmiles1431 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Beautiful!
Mary Nerys
12 HC's: 2 E's, 10 PP's. 15 Betta fish: 12 females, 3 males.
1 Leopard Gecko. 1 Goldendoodle dog.

Topic author
Avery

Post by Avery » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:02 am

Thank you :D
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

Topic author
Avery

Post by Avery » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 pm

I can't get over their cuteness :D

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Super super cute. I just love straws! Definitely my favorite species!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

Sunndannce

Post by Sunndannce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Avery wrote: Image
What is that that he/she's eating right there?
I share this world with a few crabs, a kid, a furry four legged barking kid, a wonderful man, and a lot of nonsense. Life is full of fun, and I'm full of life.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:43 am

Sunndannce wrote:What is that that he/she's eating right there?
Looks like a fig, Sunndannce.
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

715banana

Post by 715banana » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 am

go_skiboard wrote:Hi Avery! How long ago did you place your order on LHC? I placed an order a blue about a month ago, just wondering what the average wait time is.
I don't quite like them... I ordered straw and blue this year and it takes 4 months for them to ship. They told me the blues are out so I said that it was OK for them to switch to straw. The problem is I have moved during this 4 months and I have emailed them, a lot of times for them to change the address. Yes they replied and a couple of times confirmed that they are aware of the address change. Yet at last they send them to my old address. I have to ask my friend back there to pick them up for me and it turns out 2 of the 4 have been died. My friend has them send to me yesterday and I hope the other two would make it here. :(

Topic author
Avery

Post by Avery » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:27 pm

715banana wrote: I don't quite like them... I ordered straw and blue this year and it takes 4 months for them to ship. They told me the blues are out so I said that it was OK for them to switch to straw. The problem is I have moved during this 4 months and I have emailed them, a lot of times for them to change the address. Yes they replied and a couple of times confirmed that they are aware of the address change. Yet at last they send them to my old address. I have to ask my friend back there to pick them up for me and it turns out 2 of the 4 have been died. My friend has them send to me yesterday and I hope the other two would make it here. :(
Um. I'm sorry. I hope your two make it as well. Poor babies. But, in all fairness, it appears you've moved around a little, right? And as you've said there were replies from her....
There is a whole thread to post these complaints or concerns or whatevies to.... http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 39&t=87470

This is a NON COMPLAINT thread.

Topic author
Avery

Post by Avery » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

aussieJJDude wrote: Looks like a fig, Sunndannce.
Fresh figs!!! They LOVE them!

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:42 pm

keep posting pics of them they are adorableee

715banana

Post by 715banana » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Avery wrote: Um. I'm sorry. I hope your two make it as well. Poor babies. But, in all fairness, it appears you've moved around a little, right? And as you've said there were replies from her....
There is a whole thread to post these complaints or concerns or whatevies to.... http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 39&t=87470

This is a NON COMPLAINT thread.
Thank you for the reply. The update is that the two have arrieved alive and now they are doing quite good. I do understand if they made mistake since I have been moved. In my point of view it is fine if they have not replied, just the fact they wwere awared the address change and then forgot makes me feel upset.

mom23

Post by mom23 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:31 pm

I'm getting a couple more straws this week! Yay! Can't wait.
It's a full house now! 8 straws, 7 pp, 5 indos, 5 ruggies, 3 violas, 4 fish, 1 dog, 3 kids, 1 husband and me!

go_skiboard

Post by go_skiboard » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 am

I ordered 2 straws on Sunday from reptilecity.com and I was able to call and speak with someone over the phone yesterday and they let me request m/f and sizes, so hopefully i too will soon be getting straws!!! :fingerscrossed: Does anyone here have any recent experience with reptilecity.com? I searched HCA but only saw it mentioned a couple times. They were more expensive than LHC but the fact that I can actually get someone on the phone who says they have them in stock makes it worth it to me. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of pics of my new strawbabies to post in a few days!!! :)

Topic author
Avery

Post by Avery » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:09 pm

mom23 wrote:I'm getting a couple more straws this week! Yay! Can't wait.
:clap: Yay!!

I love, love, love all of my crabs, I have a deep seated love and appreciation for my Indo's especially. But, these 4 little red monsters are awesome! I don't think they ever sleep!