Shells of Aquarius

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
crabzlove

Shells of Aquarius

Post by crabzlove » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Has anyone used shells of aquarius before? I want to know if the shells come in good condition.

-CrabzLove
I have been crabbing for 4 years. I currently own 3 PPs ; Batman, Robin, Krystal

CallaLily

Re: Shells of Aquarius

Post by CallaLily » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:39 pm

kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 am

Sorry to surface this but if anyone was still wondering here's my experience.
I ordered from PayPal it charged as: Crafters Lamp Shades and Gifts, Inc.

I ordered 15 shells totaling $41.12 including Priority 3 day shipping. Pretty sweet imo. The sizes weren't specific at all. Eg:
-EDITED TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING FROM THIS ORDER-
•A gorgeously carved Jade Turbo was described as '3+ inches' with specified opening of 'about 1 inch' was actually 1 5/8 inches. Too big for my crabs rn.
•Polished silver mouth turbos were described as 'about 3/4 inch opening' and I received all three at 5/8 inch.
•Both my banded Tapestry Turbo was described as '2 inches plus' opening at 'about 1 inch' was actually 1 1/16 (no biggy)
•Spotted petholatus tapestry turbos were described as '1 1/4-2 1/2 inches' with 'about 1 inch openings' and I received a 7/8 in. and a 1 inch.
•I ordered 5 regular petholaus tapestry turbos that were '1 7/8 or less' with opening 'about 1 inch' turned out a package of 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, and two 7/8. When I was hoping for more 7/8 to 1 1/4. Which is ehh but they were 19¢ each soooo.
•Also a spendy $9 pearlized Jade shell was out of stock and I was refunded the cost of the shell and the difference of the weight of shipping. Also a much cheaper 99¢ shell that I ordered was described almost exactly like the out of stock one. Both being pearlized and '2+ inches shell opening about 1 inch' and me receiving a pearlized pretty seashell with an exact opening size of 1 inch at a tenth of the cost. Yay!
Every shell was individually packed less the tiny ones and in a TON of paper (that's fun to play in) and they all arrived in pristine condition! ImageImageImage
Last edited by kornchaser on Mon May 18, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-

Topic author
crabzlove

Post by crabzlove » Mon May 18, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks, Kornchaser that really helps!

-CrabzLove
I have been crabbing for 4 years. I currently own 3 PPs ; Batman, Robin, Krystal