LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

jillybeans

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by jillybeans » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:52 pm

They did get their aussies in. I seen someone post a video of their 500 gallon tank with their aussies from LHC. I ordered some in april, and am still waiting

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Well I just filed a dispute with Paypal. This really sucks! My husband bought me these Aussies for my 28th birthday in April. Major Bummer.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:08 pm

[Admin] We will soon be returning you to your regularly scheduled topic, already in progress.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

LightFlower

Post by LightFlower » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:22 pm

I ordered 4 small Es yesterday. I hope she ships them soon! I have everything set up and ready for them :) I'm keeping them in a separate tank from my PPs and I'm excited. The ordering was a bit weird though since I had to go pretty far in the ordering process without knowing how much shipping was.
4 Purple Pinchers: Spiral, Violet, Cinnamon and Swirl

Lutterback

Post by Lutterback » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Wow! You are brave. I am still waiting on 2 PP and 4 Es ordered April 3rd. 4 weeks ago they emailed saying they would "ship in 2 weeks no matter what." I am hoping if I hang in there and be patient the crabs will eventually come. Keeping fingers crossed for both of us they don't go out of business first.

HermitsRule101

Post by HermitsRule101 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 am

Lutterback, I am still waiting for you to get your crabs because mine were ordered April 23rd, as you know. I sent her an e-mail this week that said, crab up or pay up essentially, because I'm pretty sure the whole thing is just a way to get money without sending any crabs. This business needs to be shut down completely. Months ago I was excited and waiting for my new crabs, now even if I get them I feel like the excitement has been ruined by all the lies and deception. Let me make this perfectly clear for any new customers that are thinking of buying from her or expect to receive your crabs within two weeks of ordering:

*********IF YOU BUY FROM LIVEHERMITCRABS.COM. YOU WILL WAIT FOR MONTHS TO GET YOUR CRABS, IF THEY COME AT ALL.
Most likely you will go through heck to demand a refund after two months of frustration and confusion. If she mentions the words "bad weather", "medical issues", or "two weeks" - you will know you're screwed.***************

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:51 am

I don't even know why purchasing is still an option because we were all under the impression that her medical issues were causing them to sell all remaining stock and close up shop and this was months ago that we heard this.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:53 am

Is it just me or do you guys wonder what her medical issues are?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

HermitsRule101

Post by HermitsRule101 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:54 am

I'm pretty sure she has B.S.
Symptoms include lying, stealing, and fraud.

Her "medical issues" prevent her from shipping, but they don't prevent her from taking new orders or lying about the fact that they will be shipped within two weeks. Every new customer has been told it will be two weeks, even though she is telling the rest of us that she's 2 months behind in shipping. Every time she responds to someone who is waiting she says "two weeks". I don't think she knows what a week is.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:00 am

Yeah I used to have a boss who wouldn't allow me to tell clients that it would take longer than 60 mins for a driver to arrive...even if we were 3 hours behind. I no longer work for that company because I don't like lying to customers. Which reminds me that I have overdue packages myself *facepalm* In all seriousness, medical issues can be a huge barrier to getting things done and I speak from experience. It is possible that she is ill and hanging on to her business by a thread and just can't or won't admit defeat. It is also possible that money from orders is going towards personal bills and they are having to wait to ship due to finances. *SPECULATION NOT ACCUSATION* I just don't think anyone should order from them at all. I know the call of the crab is often irresistible but stay strong! Adopt! Look longingly at photos of violas, straws, and Indos and await the day your local independent petstore can source them... (I need to go to sleep.)

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

HermitsRule101

Post by HermitsRule101 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 am

I do think she has a real issue, but she needs to stop taking new orders if she can't fill the ones she has. At this point she's just taking people's money to pay her bills and giving them nothing in return. That's called stealing.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:19 am

KellyCrabbieLove wrote:Is it just me or do you guys wonder what her medical issues are?
This time it may be her, but I know that before it was her child. From what I understand, it's been ongoing health issues and there have been people who verified that it was real in the past. Problems with shipping on time have happened since the day she bought out the business from the original owners, but they started off very small and a few weeks at a time.

Honestly, I think she's an overtaxed mother who thought this would be a get rich quick scheme and instead it turned into a nightmare since there can be no sure thing when it comes to live animals. The taxes and permits and shipping every time she orders in new hermits looks to be ridiculously high (we're talking around 8 grand per shipment, if it's anything like what tarantula dealers have to pay to bring in an animal legally from somewhere else) and if the animals arrive dead or dying, there goes the profits. We know that the last two years of shipments had a bunch of half dead crabs and possibly entire shipments arrived dead (the blues, for instance), so she has got to be playing financial catch up at this point. It's really not fair to the people who are ordering and are forced to wait, but I imagine she must be frantic trying to either return a profit or at the very least break even. With an ill child and possibly not being in good health, that has to be overwhelming to face. I feel bad for her. Being faced with debt and having to close a business due to uncontrollable circumstances must be horrible. But honesty should come first, that is not up for debate.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Lutterback

Post by Lutterback » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 am

Has anyone noticed though that instead of going out of business, she is adding reptiles to her page instead?

SachOfSCP

Post by SachOfSCP » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:15 am

Wode, I love your optimistic, benefit-of-the-doubt view on it ;)

As a small business owner myself I absolutely understand getting overwhelmed as well as health issues getting in the way, BUT when it's happened to me I have still made a point of posting publicly that orders would still be going out, just bear with me, etc and I never, ever got snippy with people who inquired about their late orders or told them they'd go out in a time frame that was inaccurate.

Those that ordered last year or earlier in the year and are still waiting....I (sort of) get it since it happened to me last year (after 6 months of waiting for Aussies that she only finally allegedly got this January) but after 6 months I demanded my money back. Now, to be totally honest I think anyone that comes into a 97 page thread about how bad they suck and still decides to order from her, well....."you knew it was a snake when you picked it up so expect to be bitten".

I don't think any of the lizards are recent adds but I DO think it's bunk that she has nothing on the actual site about how she's closing down or 3 months (which going by her past reputation; ie, LIES means more like 8 months) behind.
Sach's All Natural Crab Food & Supply Store!
http://sachscrabpagestore.com/

Irisviel

Post by Irisviel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:33 am

I had really wished I seen this thread before I ordered, lol. I did research on this place, seemed like mixed reviews but I did see a lot of positives too. I saw some nice unboxing videos as well and well, I was tired of picking up sick crabs from pet stores. (as relieved as I am to take them to healthier homes, sometimes they are too abused to save)

So let me just say, I ordered 50.00 worth back in april. When it had been a month passed, I sent an email. Which I did eventually get a response to saying that due to "medical problems" the shipment would be delayed for 2 more weeks. I said okay that's fine. And now? It's almost the end of July and I have heard nothing and received nothing. I sent several emails, the final one I sent about two weeks ago asking for a refund. No response.

I've pleaded and pleaded and said I can be patient , I would just like updates to know I'm not gonna be left in the dark. No response. No response to refund emails, nothing. I'm pretty upset about it, and I really don't think I will EVER get a response or my crabbies at this point. NOR will I receive a refund.

Welp, at least I know who not to order from now. Tbh I knew I was taking a risk when I placed the order, but I know some people had success here so I tried. And failed. T^T Maybe some day a magical box will get to me but I am not really expecting such a thing. I can't even get a freaking email. :hlol: