The Final Raptor Crab

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
DinosaurHermitCrabs

The Final Raptor Crab

Post by DinosaurHermitCrabs » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:21 pm

I recently bought a crab from Petco in a (gasp) painted shell. I really hope she/he changes soon, but in the mean time, I'll tell you about him/herImage. His/her name is Charlie and he/she is, like my other crabs, named after the one of the four raptors in Jurassic World.
I can't really get a good picture of him/her because he/she's certainly a very shy crab. She/He's eyeing various shells around my tank, which is a good sign.

Blue, Delta, Charlie, and Echo ImageImageImageImage

landlubber

Re: The Final Raptor Crab

Post by landlubber » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:29 pm

A Jurassic Park naming theme-I love it! I hope she continues to do well for you.
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

purpleperson

Re: The Final Raptor Crab

Post by purpleperson » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Super cute. I think the names are brilliant lol, I love it! I hope she does well with you too-and that she chooses a natural shell soon! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
DinosaurHermitCrabs

The Final Raptor Crab

Post by DinosaurHermitCrabs » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Charlie has sadly passed away. It's unknown the cause at the moment, but I believe it's pretty obvious. He never changed out of that stupid painted shell and when he died I found he was stuck in it. Anyway, I'm posting this just to let everyone know. Heaven just earned itself a Charlie. I miss you, buddy.

Blue, Delta, and Echo RIP Charlie