Where can I find heat lamp clamps?

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
lemonade2

Where can I find heat lamp clamps?

Post by lemonade2 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm looking for a clamp to hold my heat lamp like in the picture below. Can anyone tell me where I could find one? I tried looking at the store but to no avail.

fantasybookworm

Re: Where can I find heat lamp clamps?

Post by fantasybookworm » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:43 pm

The clamp on the lamp shown in the picture comes with that specific lamp. It's a Fluker's clamp lamp, I have four of them. I'm not sure you can get clamps just like that without getting one of the lamps. You might be able to find something similar at a hardware or home improvement store, but I don't know for sure.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:52 pm

I think you can get the base at Home Depot. For sure you can order them online, but I think it costs as much as one that comes with a lamp. :?

Try local classifieds. You can probably grab a used lamp for under $5 and just use the clamp with your lamp that you know is good.

I needed a base for one a couple months ago (came without one from an adoption) and asked the local mom & pop and they handed me one from under their counter for free. They had no need for it! :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
lemonade2

Post by lemonade2 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:46 am

wodesorel wrote:I think you can get the base at Home Depot. For sure you can order them online, but I think it costs as much as one that comes with a lamp. :?

Try local classifieds. You can probably grab a used lamp for under $5 and just use the clamp with your lamp that you know is good.

I needed a base for one a couple months ago (came without one from an adoption) and asked the local mom & pop and they handed me one from under their counter for free. They had no need for it! :)
http://www.petmountain.com/product/rept ... oC0I_w_wcB

Does this come with a clamp? It looks like it does, but I'm not entirely sure.

nepenthes

Post by nepenthes » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:04 pm

I can't say for sure if that link also provides the clamp, but I've definitely been able to get my ceramic sockets (which come with clamps) from Home Depot. It's normally recommended (by a tortoise forum) not to use clamps since clamps can fail and cause major damage to the enclosure and animal(s). So, I tend to toss my clamps instead :/

fantasybookworm

Post by fantasybookworm » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:28 pm

That's a good point, nepenthes! I didn't think of it before, but we had someone on my hedgehog forum who had a similar incident. Clamp loosened & the lamp fell into the cage with her hedgehog. Luckily hedgie wasn't hurt, but I think the lamp melted a bit of the wheel. I only use the clamps on my lamps to hold them in place, but the lamps are placed flat on the wire top of my enclosure.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Screws! I always hook my clamps around a screw or two so even if it loosens - and it really shouldn't unless it's constantly moved - it can't fall. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram