SOAP!!!

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

SOAP!!!

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:52 pm

My mom sprayed soapy water in my 40 gallon on acedent! What do i do! :cry: :cry: so scared for them! We took out the items blocking the ground that felt wet but now what? how worried should i be? :crabcry: :crabcry:
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Re: SOAP!!!

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:52 pm

PLEASE REPLY !!! :cry:
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm not sure it's something you should be extremely worried about. You took out anything the soap water came in contact with? Does it smell soapy in there? If it did I might move them temporarily until you can't smell anything anymore (a couple of hours at most maybe). Some people wash their tanks with certain kinds of soap, so it can't be the worst thing, right? Not like borax got in there.....but I have never had this happen so it's not based on my personal experience.....
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:42 am

I am not sure about washing with soap unless rinsed for a long time afterwards but as long as you took out what was sprayed then they should be fine. Scrape off the top layer of sand where sprayed and rinse anything else really well. If you can, bake the stuff like woods or whatever is safe to bake just to be extra safe if you are worried.

Wow...I had to take pain meds tonight for the first time in a week because the muscles are acting up that were cut during my surgery last month so I am rather loopy. I just saw in my head a crab in a bubble bath with a back scrubber things cleaning the back of their shell. I think I need to sleep! Then I think I will draw that tomorrow. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:10 am

What kind of soap?

I personally have always washed hermit items in Dawn Dishsoap. If it's gentle enough for neonatal kittens and it's what they use on wildlife, I'm not really concerned if there is some residue left. I do rinse well afterwards, but not to the point of being crazy clean about it. I've even used it on aquarium items, although for that I do rinse like crazy and soak it for a bit first. I won't use anything else though.

Kelly - you are having some fun times!! Hope that the meds work and you're feeling better in the morning. I would love to see that drawing. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 am

I dont know what kind of soap because i got the spray bottle from a friend who had crabs so idk what kind of soap

Thanks for the replies!