Safflower seeds, Mustard greens

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Safflower seeds, Mustard greens

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:05 pm

I saw safflower oil was on the safe list, so I assume the seeds would be ok too? I also recently dehydrated some mustard greens for my tortoise. Would they be ok for the crabbies? Didn't see that on the lists.
Thanks!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

craboloading

Re: Safflower seeds, Mustard greens

Post by craboloading » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Mustard greens are good for crabs. I used to have a bearded dragon and we always had a rotation of kale and mustard greens in the house, crabs loved all the fresh veg. :) No experience with safflower seeds, but should be fine as long as they aren't salted, etc.
3 PPs: Beacon the Two Pound Crab of Light and Purity & Scuttles the Shadow Crab of Darkness and Desparity ~ 2/10/19 and Felicity Crab-19 ~ 5/24/20
1 Orange Cat: Chloe Hannah ~ 4/2015

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Re: Safflower seeds, Mustard greens

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:02 pm

craboloading wrote:Mustard greens are good for crabs. I used to have a bearded dragon and we always had a rotation of kale and mustard greens in the house, crabs loved all the fresh veg. :) No experience with safflower seeds, but should be fine as long as they aren't salted, etc.
Thanks so much! The seeds are for birds, so no added salt and whatnot. I have to change out their dry food tonight, so I'll give them both a try. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav