Mites

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author
hermitsrus1966

Mites

Post by hermitsrus1966 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 am

Ok, so I am almost 99% that I have food mites. I have lots of mites and they are mostly in the habitat not actually on the crabs but they do crawl on them. I am wondering if anyone else has issues with mites? I heard that it is almost impossible to not have food mites because the crabs drag food and it just is a bit messy especially when your crabs roll in the peanut butter, honey, etc. And yes I said roll my crabs rub their shells in the food or roll the food up using their shell? It is so weird. Anyway, is it true that food mites are extremely common and are harmless?

CrabbyLover77

Re: Mites

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:41 am

I have them in my crabitats. My crabs don't seem to notice them. I just let the food mites do their thing and pick on leftover food the crabs drag all over.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Mites

Post by wodesorel » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:26 am

Super common, I even have them in my scorpion and toad tanks. They just sort of wander out and enjoy themselves, and hey, they are eating garbage and poop so more power to them.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram